Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Weather is Frightful



I arrived back in San Francisco this evening and while it is so familiar and comfortable for me, tonight it seemed somewhat foreign. I walked the streets just as I would have done on any other given day only this time I didn't have anywhere to go. It was time for me to now think about how to do things in order and do them one at a time without worrying about the next task. Just complete one and then move onto the next until all have been completed. At least that's what I told myself to do.

I hadn't eaten anything today so the first thing that I saw once I got off of the train was a fast food chain. That was task number one: fill my belly.

Once that I had my fill, I walked up Geary Street back towards my old neighborhood, not because I needed to be there but because it was in the direction that I had always walked. Realizing that I wasn't quite sure where I would be going, I stopped in Union Square and sat on a bench. I must have sat there for at least two hours before the numbness of the cold got the best of me and I had to move. It was then that I realized that I wouldn't be able to rough it in the cold as much as I thought that I would be able to.

Thankfully, I was able to meet up with an acquaintance from a year or so ago who lives in the Mission and she offered me her couch for the night. I love her space...it is a huge loft/warehouse with a full stage and art gallery with all sorts of interesting artists and musicians living here. While I am only going to be staying here for the night, I have asked her if I might be able to rent her soon to be open room in the near future. It just might be an option and even though I don't know what the outcome will be, I know that whatever the universe holds for me will be just what I need no matter what. Plus I really love her two cats. I miss my childhood cats. All is well in the bay and one more day alive here in this town feels just great.

1 comment:

  1. What?!? No love for the childhood dog? What was that things name?

    I am enjoying the journal of your travels/adventures. And seriously, our couch is always open - a bit off the beaten path of "places your likely to travel", but open nonetheless.

    Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete