Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Back to Reality and Back to the Bay


I can't believe that I have spent the last six days in the small little town that I grew up in. I vowed to never come back to this location but now I don't want to leave. Looking back, while I spent a majority of my younger years not far from this house that I have been staying in, it wasn't until much later that I actually began to grow up. Hell, I think that I am still growing up even at the age of 32 and continuing to find myself. Maybe I will never truly grow up because just like my good writer and reporter friend Eric, we both don't do well with following the rules nor doing what it traditionally accepted in American society. However, having said that...I have had some of the most relaxing, invigorating and loved days in my life here and I am truly sad that I have to let it go and move on. My gracious hosts have been more than amazing and have made what would be a completely lonely and hungry holiday season for me a truly blessed experience and I am forever in debt to them. I was able to experience a merging of family and friends regardless of tradition or belief and just simply enjoy each others company.

But alas, I must make my way back to the city that I do truly love more than any other place in this world and continue to walk my path alone. I know that when I hear the sounds of the honking cars, the silly tourists gawking at cable cars and bridges, and the ambulance and police sirens, that I will sigh with relief with a confirmation that I am where I need to be.

Tomorrow, I will take the train or hitch a ride back to the bay...whichever is easiest or cheapest or quite frankly, the most interesting and go from there. For the time being I have a place to sleep, I have my laptop and I have some clothes. I guess that I can't think of much else that I would need at this point because I am happy for what I have no matter how minuscule it may seem. A lighter backpack, some nice cheese and a bottle of wine would be nice though but I really can't complain.

...

So I am going to San Francisco...I'll be sure to wear some flowers in my hair. To all of my friends whether I have had the chance to meet you or not...peace and blessings be upon you.

2 comments:

  1. Great read man... makes me wanna move to the city!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY BOO, I HAVE BEEN READING ALL OF THE BLOGS AND THINK THAT THIS IS SOME REALLY GOOD WRITING. I KNOW THAT THE SITUATION IS NOT IDEAL, BUT WE MUST ALL WALK TO THE BEAT OF OUR OWN DRUM. I WILL KEEP READING AND CHECKING ON YOUR PROGRESS. ALTHOUGH I DID HAVE TO ASK MARLENA IF YOU WERE REALLY DOING THIS. LOL. GOOD LUCK, OR BLESSINGS TO YOU.

    JENAI HOWARD (BOO) :-)

    ReplyDelete