Wednesday, March 17, 2010

To Whom it May Concern:

To Whom it May Concern:

I just wanted to let you know that I am doing well...just fine in fact as I traverse this crazy planet looking for nothing in particular. I'm really quite content...honestly, I am.

Birds other than pigeons sang to me for the first time in a long time today and while they audibly seemed strange to me at first they made me smile. The City has a certain smell to it and when winter and cold transforms into spring and warmth,
I noticed it and knew that you would as well. It's amazing isn't it?

This letter to you is long overdue and for that I am truly sorry. I have often been told that I say the word 'sorry' too much but that is all that I can come up with at this time. It seems that I am sorry for saying sorry.

Inevitably, the fog rolls in and I can imagine myself at the place where Tamalpais peacefully watches over existence and for some reason, she knows more than I will ever be able to fathom. Through the small gate that leads to the Headlands I become anxious with the idea that on the other side I might understand...but alas...the Pacific and her wide angles only lead me to one point...the point of no understanding and the vastness of uncertainty.

Uncertainty.

Black sands, coarse grains, drift wood, stagnant foliage, shells, nature...nature...nature...

There is an order in which I do not comprehend but will worship it as there is nothing else that I can do...I pray.

Anyway...I hope that this letter albeit somewhat strange, finds you healthy and well. You are in my heart and my thoughts. Best wishes to you my friend.

-Signed,

Nathan.

No comments:

Post a Comment