Saturday, November 28, 2009

Prolonged Anticipation


24 hours has passed and I have worked out a way to sleep on the floor of my apartment for just one more night, maybe even two if I can work it just right. I don't know what my attachment is to this place, it's not fancy, it's not big and it's not in a very good neighborhood. But for some reason, I am holding on as long as I can. I think that it's the view from my window overlooking south of Market Street. Honestly, it's the comfort, the security, and the familiarity.

The good news is that I have a couple of new leads for some freelance writing gigs, one from my friend in the UK and one from the internet hosting site that I have done some articles for before. Emails have been sent of some of my writing samples and we shall see what happens next.

Also, because I will be on the road for some time, my next task is to get a Post Office Box here in the City so that I can have some sense of stability and still be able to check my mail. If I don't make it another night here in the apartment, my next post will be from some unknown location most likely in the Tenderloin. Should be exciting or at least interesting nonetheless.

Peace, Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment